Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is…
Resolutions For 2016
This past year has been so crazy between getting my first big girl job, going on my first and second work-trip to D.C., having my boyfriend move within an hour distance (this is better than 3 hour we did for the past year), and reconnect with some amazing friends. 2015 was definitely good to me. I don’t actually like resolutions because I never follow through with them.
For the past few years I’ve been giving myself themes of things I want to focus on for the upcoming year. I probably just like doing it this way because you can never really fail a theme. I decided for 2016 I wanted to focus on movement. 2015 was a year of so many firsts but it also felt like I was going backwards in certain areas of my life, I chose the safe route in a lot of regards. I moved back in with my family, in my hometown, when I couldn’t find a job elsewhere. So this year I want to start moving again. So here is my list of 10 resolutions/goals for 2016 (bookish and otherwise) that I feel fit into my desire to move again.
- Find a book club to join
- Read one of my backlisted a month
- Read 12 books on my Classics Book Club Challenge list. (ideally I’ll read more but this one-a-month goal is doable)
- Purge my bookshelf…at some point, I have all year after all
- Read more diversity (in authors and genres and characters and all of the above).
- Take more pictures (for the blog and otherwise)
- Write 3 posts a week…every week
- Begin the self-hosting process
- Become more financially literate and responsible
- Begin the long-decent towards getting back into shape